Reason Enough

clip_image002
Euphoria. Dejection. A canopy of emotions blanketed my being. Which way should I go? Whose words should I heed?

I immersed myself into this self-made inferno, noting the circumstances in the past which had brought me into great pain and humiliation. The smile on my face stayed on the surface; it never reached my heart. The anguish in me flowed deep through my soul, mercilessly killing the once beautiful girl within.

Memories. Indelible marks of the past. I have enough reasons to go melancholic, but I have chosen not to. If these emotions were torture in the past, there’s only one thing left to do but to turn them into the most precious of pearls. The trauma hidden in the chamber of secrets continues to prowl in me like a famished beast. Blood gushes out of my wounds. Terror grips me momentarily. But despite all these, I still have enough reason to go on living.

The present gives way to HOPE.

Indeed! It opens doors for major changes and giant leaps of faith. It does as it does to mine. Bloodstains from the past have been washed away as I glance upon a beam of light. This beam of light flourishes with life, its vibrant elements dancing in mirth. And as the door swings open, there awaits my hope. That hope in which bold letters are held by my wonderful family, confidantes-for-life, and good Samaritans I meet throughout my journey.

LOVE gives way to healing.

Healing becomes possible with love… that love which springs from the Omnipotent God, that love that has won battles and conquered great foes, and that love which has done mighty deeds.

Yes, because God is love. And no matter how brutally trampled one has been, His love never fades. Joy comes as one surrenders one's shame, failures, and guilt at the foot of the Holy Cross. His tremendous love wipes away all the tears and the sorrow. His Mercy and Compassion gives life to the dying.

For He is God… whose love is beyond compare.

GOD is reason enough for me…
to go on living,
to smile again,
to love again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Spark of Hope

Love. Trust. Pain. Forgiveness

Go on and risk everything, or go back and forget everything